Free to Try
Jul 02, 2008 Cocktail puts a graphical user interface on many of Mac OS X’s advanced Unix functions that are otherwise accessible only by using the Terminal application and a command line interface. prev in list next in list prev in thread next in thread List: bugtraq Subject: Mac OS X Cocktail 3.5.4 admin password disclosure From: 'sonderling' Date: 2005-04-29 18:48:15 Message-ID: 48.j3TImI4D086337 mailserver3! Com Download RAW message or body Application: Mac OS X Cocktail. Cocktail is a comprehensive clean/repair/optimize utility for the MAS OS X that is designed to help you monitor and tweak your computer's performance. This powerful program provides a robust toolset that is currently used by more than a quarter million Mac users to keep their computers performing optimally.
Cocktail gives you access to hidden features of your disks, system, files, network and interface.
It is a smooth, powerful and simple to use utility with all major features arranged in five basic categories and a 'Pilot' that lets you maintain your system with one click of the button.
- Enable or disable journaling.
- Repair disk permissions.
- Set disk spindown time.
- Prebind and re-prebind entire system or selected folder.
- Run cron scripts.
- Change startup mode and language.
- Modify sleep settings.
- Force empty trash.
- Rebuild Launch Services database.
- Update whatis and locate databases.
- Delete locked or inaccessible items.
- Delete invisible DS Store files.
- Clean system, user and Internet caches.
- View, rotate, print and save logs.
- Create symbolic links.
- Recreate Mac OS 9 Desktop alias.
- Lock or unlock files and folders.
- Change speed, duplex and MTU.
- Optimize network settings for eight most common types of connections or apply the custom optimization.
- Configure the Mac OS X file server.
- Customize look and features of Finder, Dock and login window.
- Modify hidden settings of Exposé, Mail, Safari and other applications.
- Easily optimize your system.
- Schedule maintenance tasks.
Cocktail adds ability to search and delete corrupted preference files, adds a searchable database of Mac OS system error codes, adds a list of commonly used network ports, improves the clear log files procedure and fixes a number of minor bugs discovered in the previous release.
Popular apps in All in One Tools
[prMac.com] Ekero, Sweden - Maintain today is proud to announce the release of Cocktail 12.0 (Monterey Edition), a new edition of Cocktail for users running macOS Monterey 12.0. Cocktail is a general purpose utility for macOS that lets you clean, repair and optimize your Mac. The application serves up a perfect mix of maintenance tools and tweaks, all accessible through a clean and easy to use interface. Cocktail's features are arranged into five categories that helps you manage various aspects of your computer. It also comes with an automatic Pilot mode that allows you to simply press a button and relax, knowing that Cocktail will take care of the rest.
* Automatically check S.M.A.R.T. status of disks
* Enable or disable journaling
* Set disk sleep (spindown) time
* Modify standby delay
* Change other disk sleep settings
* Force eject CD/DVD
* Run periodic maintenance scripts
* Purge inactive memory and optimize virtual memory usage
* Manage Spotlight indexing
* Erase Spotlight indexes
* Modify Time Machine settings
* Rebuild Launch Services and Help databases
* Rebuild Mail's Envelope Index
* Update locate and whatis databases
* Force empty the Trash
* Change startup mode or set startup delay
* Disable Notification Center and App Nap
* Clear system caches
* Clear user caches
* Clear font caches
* Clear virtual memory swap files
* Clear temporary files
Cocktail Mac Os X El Capitan
* Clear Internet caches
* Clear cookies, download lists, form values and history files
* Clear applications caches
* Search for corrupted preference files
* Delete unnecessary localization (language resources) files
* Clear and manage (view, print and save) log files
* Delete invisible DS Store files
* Delete locked or inaccessible items
* Change speed, duplex and MTU of network cards
* Easily optimize network settings for common connection types
* Modify IP configuration parameters
* Configure File Sharing settings
Cocktail Mac Os X
* Customize look and features of Finder, Dock, login window and other system services
* Modify hidden settings of Safari, iTunes and Launchpad
Maintain Cocktail Mac
* Added compatibility with macOS Monterey (12.0)
* Updated Automator actions
* Updated help files
* Many other improvements and enhancements
Cocktail (Monterey Edition) requires macOS Monterey 12.0 to run. Cocktail (Big Sur Edition) for macOS 11.0, Cocktail (Catalina Edition) for macOS 10.15, Cocktail (Mojave Edition) for macOS 10.14 and Cocktail (High Sierra Edition) for macOS 10.13 are available for download from our website.
Pricing and Availability:
Cocktail is $19.00 (USD) for a Single User License and available for purchase from the Maintain website. When unregistered, Cocktail runs in demo mode and will expire after the tenth launch.